Monday, March 9, 2009

Who needs sleep...ME!

I am a little sleep deprived for many reasons. The first is a stomach virus. I woke up Saturday morning around 4:30am not feeling too well. I won't go into the details, but it wasn't fun. Mark had an early morning tee time and we had plans to go to Rome to watch the D.C. Wolverines play in the elite 8. Needless to say we (Mark) had to make some quick changes to the plans. He ended up taking both kids, dressed like ragamuffins, to my moms while he played golf. Afterwards he left Reagan with my mom while he, Grayson, and a friend went to the basketball game. I will once again spare you details of what I was doing during that time. By 10/11pm that night I was feeling better. I woke up Sunday feeling great after sleeping all through the night. Reagan had ended up spending the night with my mom so that was a big bonus!! Now I know that sounds like I got plenty of sleep, but last night as Grayson was going to bed he started getting sick. He ended up sleeping on the couch with a garbage can next to him, me on the chair in the living room. Not a fun way to sleep. It also didn't help that Reagan woke up at 3:30am and it took her awhile to go back to sleep. Mark finally converted her crib to a toddler bed. I am SO ready for her to be out of our bed. She constantly rubs my skin at night or has to sleep with her head on my shoulder. There are times when I love snuggling but not EVERY night! Anyway, I am very proud of her for staying in her "big-girl" bed until 3:30. Now if we can get her to stay in it all night we will be doing great. Oh well, this was the first night. This morning Grayson is feeling better but not eating. He is drinking apple juice so as long as he keeps fluids down we will be ok. Reagan has an upset tummy this morning and she isn't really eating either. Mark isn't feeling too well either. He probably should have stayed home, but they are short staffed at work and he never takes sick days. Maybe he will make it. So long story short all of the above has made for a very tired and sleepy Mommy!

I have some pics to post later when I get a chance. I've been slacking lately!

1 comment:

JC said...

I could use a couple of hours of sleep myself right now too. A playdate might be fun. I have been wanting to take Summer to Jenkins to play. We were supposed to meet up with Selena and Willow there last weekend, but I guess God had other plans for us. Hope everyone feels better soon!!!