Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's day craft time and presents


This year I decided that the kids were old enough to participate in buying Mother's day gifts for the Grandmothers. I took them to Walmart and gave them so much money for each gift. Grayson decided that Mamaw (my mom) needed jewelry. My first thought was Oh No I don't have THAT much money, but it turned out ok. He picked out a silver and turquoise bracelet, necklace, and earrings. Reagan copied Grayson for their Nana (Mark's mom), but picked out a fuchsia and black beaded bracelet and necklace. When trying to figure out what to purchase for their Nanny (my grandmother) they decided to give her playdoh and a puzzle. They have already given Nanny her present on Wednesday, because they wanted to play with it ! :-)

We also made Mother's Day crafts for all of the Grandmothers. I have added some pics below. I think it turned out quiet nice. We made flowers out of their handprints, and fingerprints. I then painted flowerpots and dowel rods. The dowel rods became the stems for the flowers. Stick them in some flower foam, add a little moss and you have a very cute Mother's Day project. I topped it off with a poem. Of course I wrote the kids names and date on the back of the flower pot.
We also made cards. Once again we painted their fingers and made "grapes". Since neither of my kids are old enough to write I wrote Happy Mother's day on the outside and added Love you "BUNCHES" on the inside. It's a very cute card!



Mark and the kids went Mother's day shopping TWO times this week. I think it was a pretty stressful event for Mark. I can NOT stand a surprise so Mark and the kids gave me my presents on Friday. He had been VERY brave and took them to a pottery place. Each kid painted a "wiener" dog and they both made me a chip&dip/cookie plate. It is cute. They had ran out of time so we have to take it back to have them fire it. Mark said that several other objects were broken while there. Both of the dogs tails broke off, and Grayson's dog lost his head, so Mommy will be gluing them back together. Should I glue before or after they fire the pieces? Anyway, It is a very nice Mother's day present and I was surprised! I hope you all have a good Mother's Day!!


*****UPDATE*****

This morning the kids woke me up with a nice little box. They surprised me with a gift certificate for "Queen for a Day" spa package. This includes:
a stress-relieving body scrub accompanied by a full hour of relaxing, customized massage,
a custom facial formulated specifically for your skin type,
a quiet healthy spa lunch and
a spa manicure and pedicure that includes a rejuvenating salt scrub for the feet and aromatherapy heat wrap for your hands

I can't wait to go and redeem this!!!

Thank you Mark & kids! I LOVE IT!

1 comment:

The Beasley's said...

I hadn't checked on your blog in awhile, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what the kids got you. A little painted weenie dog. I mean, if that isn't super special and so cute.